We are pleased to announce that a new unit has been established within the University structures: Business Cooperation Center.
The formation of Business Cooperation Center has arisen from a dynamically changing situation at the labor market, expectations of business environment as well as the necessity of creating the image of a university which is open to the representatives of non-academic environment, shares knowledge and is ready for cooperation not only on theoretical level but also on practical one, is engaged in building economy based on knowledge, uses science and knowledge in both unit and society development. Highly important is also the need to professionalize university activities in relations with environment.
Fundamental goals of Business Cooperation Center will involve coordination of the cooperation between Wroclaw University of Economics and social-economic environment. In particular the Center will:
• analyze the needs and expectations of the entities of social-economic environment,
• stimulate the processes of a long-term cooperation with the partners from the University environment – establishing and developing the cooperation,
• coordinate information flow between the entities of social-economic environment and organizational units of the University and provide professional services from the beginning to the end of the process,
• mediate in establishing contacts between students and the University, employers and labor market institutions including practices, job and internship services,
• coordinate the process of engaging outstanding graduates of the University in different forms of both scientific and professional development,
• implement development projects and programs in cooperation with business including consulting education programs proposed by the University and increasing practitioners’ involvement in didactic process,
• organize seminars and conferences joining university and business aimed at exchanging experiences and promoting University achievements,
• undertake activities aimed at developing relations with entrepreneurs.
We kindly invite You to start cooperation with us.
On the occasion of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, we would like to invite you and all People with Disabilities to an open day to IBM Global Services Delivery Center. with o.o. ul. Muchoborska 8, Wroclaw on 07-12-2017, for a meeting related to the management of disabilities in workplace.
People with disabilities will be able to:
- talk to HR team,
- talk to employees with disabilities from the company,
- see how IBM's headquarters and the work itself takes into account the needs of people with disabilities,
- see how to write a CV and what recruitment interview looks like,
- know the rights of an employee with a disability
- spend a good time together with snacks and drinks.
Agenda: "Open Day: let’s meet
- 10:00 -10:15 Welcome session
- 10:15- 11:15 Carrier experience of PwD
- 11:15 - 11:30 coffee break
- 11:30 -13:00 Session with HR - from preparing a good CV to recruitment to IBM
- 13:00 - 13:30 coffee break
- 13:30 - 14:00 - See how flexible/accessible we are - walking tour around IBM
- 14:00 - 15:30 Labor law in context of people with disabilities
Early registration is required!
Registration until Tuesday December 5th.
Address for registration: Diana.Bulanda@pl.ibm.com
Guided Tour Around The City Center of Wrocław
For this challenge, students are invited to imagine innovative ideas for a product or a service that uses Artificial Intelligence to make the difference and shape the future.
Students can present their mind-blowing ideas in the field of everyday life, corporate life, mobility and machine learning. The winning teams will have the chance to come to Paris and pitch their project to top CEOs, directors and employees.