The program was established based on cooperation and exchange of experience with our partners from Germany and Great Britain. Upon collaboration with Lower Silesian Network of Career Services the program successfully implements the idea of mythological partnership- relationship between Mentor - the experienced person and the Mentee – a student or a pupil.
The aim of the project is to develop skills related to planning professional career in students. Planning both career and personal development involves the ability to employ knowledge, use authorities and experiences of the employers from regional companies in order to choose the pathway and direction of individual development.
Currently Mentoring is a partnership relationship upon which Mentor does not impose Mentor’s direction and does not provide ready-made answers, but inspires students, assists in discovering student’s needs, wishes and development possibilities. Next, Mentor gives fundamental knowledge pertaining to self-development and self-improvement. In master-student relationship the Mentors with their great experience and a number of professional successes discover new opportunities and inspiration sources also for their own development.
What can Mentee gain in mentoring relationship ?
• Finding out about the specification of work in the particular area
• Verification of own ideas related to work, job post, area, own competences with respect to the chosen future professional pathway
• Establishing professional contacts
• Self-development – improvement of personal skills
• Increasing self-esteem and the confidence with respect to own abilities
• Exchange of views, experiences, dreams and visions
• Conscious professional decisions
• Verification of professional goals based on gained experience
• Self-reflection in terms of chosen career pathway